Have you ever noticed your mailbox? What part of the email is visible to you? Yes! you’ve guessed it right, it’s the subject line displayed in bold letters to capture your attention.
Your ultimate goal is to persuade the prospect to go through your email and carefully consider your offer, which should eventually encourage them to start the sales process. Content holds most of the importance, like what you offer, your competitive advantage etc. But people often tend to open emails based on the subject line alone, so catchy subject lines are the key to increase the response rate.
This takes us to our next question; what makes a good email subject line?
An email subject line is an integral part on an email that is mostly visible to viewers. The elements of description and personalization provide people the reason to check your content. Whatever strategy you use, it’s crucial to keep your audience in mind. Test out a variety of words and phrases to determine which ones they prefer.
50 Sales Subject Lines
Thinking of multiple subject lines, all at once, for a campaign can be tricky. Given below are some subject lines that we think are eye-catching and will help you in creating an effective campaign.
Pro tip: The best email subject lines are short yet descriptive giving the reader a reason to explore your content more.
Subject lines can be split up into some these categories given below:
Busy, organized people thrive on efficiency. Given that they have limited time, these readers depend on you to be brief and clear in your subject lines.
- ο CRM Solutions Seminar: January 14
- ο Introducing a New Product (Add product name)
- ο Great News; Gloria Jeans is opening a store in your city
Being Short and Sweet:
Smart phones mostly display the first 5-6 words of the subject line and people nowadays tend to check their mails on their phones. So, by being precise you can get your email opened.
- ο Hello, hope you’re doing good!
- ο Just checking in
- ο Bonjour!
- ο Just the perfect application for you
Adding a whiff of personalization can help you win over more clients because everyone is intrigued when they see their name pop-up in their mail boxes.
- ο It was a pleasure meeting you, John
- ο We have something for you, Emma
- ο Thank you for joining us, Jamie
- ο Alan, try these partner applications
Thanking your customers after they make a purchase or utilize your service leaves a good impression on them. Some kind words of appreciation will result in a positive brand image along with you gaining a permanent customer.
- ο Thank you for your purchase
- ο Celebrating 10 years of togetherness
- ο Happy (Business) Anniversary! Grab your discount
Why are infomercials effective? Because it has been proven that generating a sense of urgency pushes people to take action. Using dates and reminders in subject lines enables the receivers to open and give a look at what they could be missing out.
- ο Don’t miss out this deal (name the deal)
- ο 4 more days to register!
- ο ONLY FOR TODAY! Avail a 50% discount
- ο LAST DAY OF SALE
- ο Free delivery for the next whole week! Order now
- ο Your subscription is expiring next week
Catchy and Clever:
A catchy subject line usually stands out among the dull ones. Try not to confuse or alienate the readers instead a common phrase or a pun can complete the job.
- ο Need a day at the beach?
- ο Coffee’s for closers
- ο The nuts and bolts of (name a product/service)
- ο Rockstar treatment for lullaby singers
- ο Wanna get a vacation on Mars?
Lists have grown so common and trust me they work too. Our brain is naturally drawn to digits and focuses more on calculated items rather than words. Adding a list name in your email subject line will also help the user know what exactly the email is about. This will save their time as well.
- ο 50 free cold calling scrips; Download now
- ο 6 ways to market your product more effectively
- ο 3 tips that makes email marketing successful
- ο 5 bonus tips to create a blog post
The Fear of Missing Out:
Humans always have a fear of missing out so they’ll probably check whatever you send them.
- ο Hurry, before it’s too late
- ο Just 15 passes left!
- ο Spring Fest: Only a few spots remaining
- ο Last chance to Register!
- ο 24 hours left to apply
- ο [TODAY ONLY] Get this NOW before it’s gone!
We, as humans, don’t like having gaps in our knowledge. Taking this point as our leverage, you can write subject lines that are open-ended in nature, inducing curiosity in the minds of our prospects. As a result of their curiosity, they will open the email you sent.
- ο Last chance to resolve this mysterious mail!
- ο What do models eat in a day?
- ο A gift for you! Click to Unwrap
- ο Don’t open this Email!
- ο “Spoiler Alert”
In your subject lines, poke the pain points of your prospects by asking questions. But don’t forget to provide an answer to their questions in your email.
- ο What’s next for cloud computing?
- ο How to get your emails opened?
- ο The best way to get rid of back pain
- ο How to conserve energy?
Sometimes the boring and to the point subject lines can convert well too. The key to using these in your campaign is to add value in your content and always use an important keyword in the subject.
- ο Databeys’ Newsletter! (Add Company Name)
- ο Business Anniversary Invitation
- ο Happy Holidays!
For Follow-up Emails:
Emails are often sent in sets. After a meeting or sharing a resource, sending a follow-up email to get feedback is considered a good gesture.
- ο Your recent download-Any questions?
- ο Hi, [Name] checking up on our last chat
- ο Was our guide helpful?
Crack your Campaigns with our Ready to use Subject Lines
Email subject lines may be brief, but they have a significant impact on how well your sales emails perform. The best lines are compelling, creative and a bit informative that drive prospects to open up the email out of curiosity.
Crack your email campaigns and capture more leads with our free sales subject lines. Happy emailing!